Custom foot orthotics are specially designed devices that support the foot and realign the body. Custom orthotics are made to conform exactly to the shape of your feet and with your lifestyle.
Orthotics can be made for general everyday use or for your specific work, leisure, or athletic activities. When used correctly, orthotics provide many years of comfort and support.
Why Custom Foot Orthotics?
Orthotics are used to treat an array of lower extremity conditions including but not limited to: heel and arch pain, back pain, flat feet, bunions, knee pain, shin splints, and arthritis.
Custom orthotics can offer relief of foot and ankle pain caused by injuries, overuse injuries, arthritis, tendonitis, and even diabetes. They can help improve athletic performance, increase endurance, and restore critical balance. Orthotics help your muscles to compensate for imbalances caused by the stress of activity and also help to alleviate postural problems caused by the feet and are often helpful for knee, hip, and even back pain.
Custom Foot Orthotics vs. Over-the-Counter Foot Insoles
Why custom foot orthotics?
- Custom orthotics are created on-site by a doctor from either a plaster mold or a 3-D computer image of your feet.
- Custom orthotics last 3-5 years, maybe longer, and maintain their original support
- Custom orthotics are created with your foot positioned in its neutral (corrected) position - not standing on a scanner plate like many cheap imitations.
- All orthotics are fabricated at a PFOLA (Prescription Foot Orthotic Laboratory Association).
Why not store-bought, pre-made shoe inserts?
- Most over-the-counter pre-made arch supports that you purchase from the grocery or sports goods store will break down within 6 months. During the course of those 6 months, you are receiving less support with every step you take!
- Pre-made orthotics may save you money initially, but in the long run, will cost you more with frequent replacement and less support resulting in more pain and trips to the doctor!
- Orthotic molds made from a standing impression distort your foot’s neutral (corrected) position and are unable to properly support your foot.
- Computer scanner plate orthotics are made to relieve pressure but do not capture your exact foot structure.
We know you probably do so much already to help others, but today, it's time to help yourself. With three offices conveniently located in Long Beach, we are available to diagnose and treat your painful foot or ankle condition. Don't have time to come in during the work week? That's okay; we have Saturday appointments too!
Call 562-433-0478 today to schedule an appointment with our caring podiatrists